Athletics at Winchester High School play an integral part in the school program.
Students have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of activities that will enhance their educational experience. The sports program is committed to the physical, emotional, social, and mental development of all who participate.
Athletic Program Objectives
- To provide opportunities for physical, mental, and emotional growth.
- To develop confidence and self-esteem.
- To develop and improve time management skills.
- To develop and understand the concepts of individual and team play.
- To develop a sense of commitment, loyalty, cooperation, and fairness.
- To learn that good sportsmanship means winning and losing with grace and dignity.
- To learn to make decisions under pressure.
- To foster town pride.